Wednesday, 15 August 2012

About this Blog

This blog is a collection of posts on the running of a minimal rpm based installation of Linux using Centos 6. They are primarily to remind myself how I did certain tasks and to comment on software I may try out.

The 'Desktop' which I use is simply a window manager (Fluxbox), a file manager (Thunar, borrowed from Xfce) and a terminal emulator (Rxvt). This innocuous combination is devastatingly fast as most of the programs run on it are opened with a single keystroke.


Centos 6 with Fluxbox Thunar Rxvt Firefox
 Convert the 'Desktop' to a headless server with Ctrl+Alt+F4.

It is also an excellent choice for qualification students.

It is assumed that the Epel repo is enabled as standard and that the user has elevated privileges.
 
I am a student at the Open Univerity in the UK

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I really enjoyed my brief visit on your site and I’ll be sure to be back for more.
    Can you please consider placing my website on your link list?

    Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you
    Rahul Chavan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Have you any plan to write about CentOS 7 ?

    ReplyDelete